There's 100 million reasons to play Mega Moolah from Canada
On the 4th of May 2019, we had our second Canadian Dollar winner of the Mega Moolah jackpot in succession, with this lucky player landing a prize of over $8.1 million.
This was the third Mega Moolah jackpot win for Canadian players in four jackpot triggers and included a monster jackpot prize of over CA$20 million back in January 2019.
What was not widely known at the time was that this last jackpot win for a Canadian player back in May was a landmark one for Canadian players in many ways and the reason for that is that this latest win saw the amount of money awarded to Canadian players from the Mega Jackpot fund crash through the $100 million barrier.
In doing so, the Canadian Dollar became the first currency to land over 100 million in jackpot wins on the massively popular Microgaming progressive jackpot slot. But how does that compare to how much has been won in other currencies? Let's take a look and find out.
Mega Moolah Jackpot Wins per Currency
- Canadian Dollars - CA$103,033,322.73
- Euro - €69,600,779.43
- British Pound - £34,645,289.46
- US Dollar - $32,023,084.94
- New Zealand Dollar - $21,139,038.25
- Australian Dollar - $13,432,454.12
- South African Rand - SAR6,821,733.34
As you can see, Canadian Dollar jackpot winners have netted over 33 million more than the nearest other currency of winners, the Euro. However, it is hard to make a direct comparison between the amounts awarded in different currencies. A more interesting comparison is to compare the total wins in each currency in the Mega Moolah's base unit of British Pounds, although in this chart, the Canadian Dollar loses top spot to the Euro by just under £1 million.
Mega Moolah Jackpot Wins per Currency - Converted into British Pounds
As of the Exchange rates used on the 20th June 2019.
- Euro - £62,600,799.43
- Canadian Dollars - £61,607,744.99
- British Pounds - £34,645,289.46
- US Dollar - £25,237,112.32
- New Zealand Dollar - £10,973,063.37
- Australian Dollar - £7,331,634.95
- South African Rand - £377,855.81
With over CA$100 million awarded in jackpots alone, not including the millions more awarded in the base game and also from the other three progressive jackpot prizes, it is fair to say that Canadian players have had by far the lion's share of the luck playing Mega Moolah, especially when compared to the number of people in the country compared to the Eurozone or those who play via British Pounds or US Dollars across the world.
However it is not just in terms of the amount won that has Canadian Mega Moolah fans so delighted, they will be delighted to hear that Canadian Dollar winners are more numerous than any other currency winners in the world today. In short, Mega Moolah has made more Canadian Dollar millionaires than any other currency.
Number of Mega Moolah wins by currency
- Canadian Dollars - 15 winners
- Euro - 14 winners
- US Dollar - 8 winners
- British Pound - 7 winners
- Australian and New Zealand Dollar - 4 Winners each
- South African Rand - 2 Winners
In terms of how Canadian players have won their prizes, 11 have won their money playing via the mobile version, with three from the downloaded version of the game and just one through instant play via a browser.
The Canadian Dollar is also the only currency to have won the Mega Moolah jackpot three times in succession which it did with wins on the 24th June 2014, the 9th November 2014 and the 9th April 2015. Between the 24th June 2014 and 14th May 2017, the jackpot was triggered ten times in total and seven of those winners went to Canadian Dollar players.
As you can see, Canadian Dollar players have enjoyed great success playing Mega Moolah in recent years and you could be playing the game very easily yourself if you know exactly where to play and what is the best sign up offer for you.
Which casinos can I play Mega Moolah at from Canada?
Perhaps one of the reasons why Canadian players have been so successful when playing Mega Moolah over the years, is the fact that they have an exceptionally good selection of high-quality casinos to choose from when signing up to play the game.
A total of nine casinos are available right now to Canadian players, all offering Mega Moolah and all part of the fabulous Casino Rewards network. That's a lot of different bonuses to consider and as a result we've decided to split the different offers into what particular offer suits each type of player best.
If you want an offer that is focused solely on Mega Moolah
Then the places to head are the casinos below, although which one suits you best would depend on how much you want to deposit and how much bonus you want to receive. We will outline the main points of each offer below so you can decide which one is best suited to you.
- Jackpot City Casino - Deposit CA$10 to get 120 Chances to Spin Mega Moolah, plus a further CA$1,600 is available in additional bonuses when you make further deposits with the site after the initial bonus.
- Yukon Gold Casino - Place a CA$10 deposit into your account for 125 Chances to win Mega Moolah. In addition, you will also receive a 100% Matched Deposit bonus on your second deposit that could be worth as much as CA$150.
- Zodiac Casino - Deposit just CA$1 into your account and receive 80 Chances to Spin the Mega Moolah slot. Furthermore, you can also qualify for a 100% Matched Deposit bonus of up to CA$100 on your second deposit with the site.
- Captain Cook's Casino - Place a deposit of CA$5 into your account when you register and you will receive 100 Chances to spin the Mega Moolah slot along with your deposited cash. Furthermore, you can also claim up to CA$475 with your second deposit with the casino thanks to a 100% Matched Deposit bonus.
- Grand Mondial Casino - Deposit just CA$10 into your account at Grand Mondial Casino as a new customer and receive 150 Chances to Spin the Mega Moolah slot as a bonus. IN addition, your second deposit at the casino will qualify for a 100% Matched Deposit bonus of up to CA$250.
If you want an offer that gives you the chance to play Mega Moolah and other slots
We know Mega Moolah is massively popular but Microgaming also produce a number of other top games such as Thunderstruck II, Lost Vegas, Bridesmaids, Game of Thrones and Fortunium and if you want to play these titles alongside Mega Moolah, then a great offer to consider is Platinum Play Casino.
- Platinum Play Casino - Sign up today and claim a fantastic 100% Matched Deposit bonus worth up to $800 in total, across your first three deposits. The minimum deposit amount to activate the bonus is just $10, which means that this is a very accessible bonus regardless of how much you want to fund your account with.
If you want a big value bonus
If you want to maximise the full value of a bonus, then you will want the biggest bonus you can find available and at the moment, Royal Vegas Casino is offering players the chance to earn a bonus of up to CA$1,200 across their first four deposits.
- Royal Vegas Casino - Placed a deposit of up to $300 into your account and you can claim a 100% Matched Deposit as a new customer. You can then claim the exact same bonus offer a further three times (four times in total) over your next few deposits on site to realise the full bonus value of CA$1,200!
If you want to play via Bitcoin or cryptocurrency
Did you know it is now possible to play Mega Moolah using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency from Canada? There's one fabulous option for bitcoin holders to play Mega Moolah and a host of other slot games and that is at the popular BitStarz Casino.
- BitStarz Casino - Earn up to a potential 5 BTC bonus over your first four deposits with BitStarz Casino. By using a combination of 100% Matched Deposit Bonus (1st and 4th deposits) and 50% Matched Deposit Bonuses (2nd and 3rd deposits), you could realise up to 5 BTC to use on a wide range of slots, including Mega Moolah, at the new crypto-friendly casino.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.
Next article: Ruby Casino Queen slot reviewed by MegaMoolah.com