MegaMoolah.com is committed to ensuring that the visitors privacy is protected when they visit this website.
MegaMoolah.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy has been updated and is effective from June 2018.
Summary of how we use your data
- Megamoolah.com uses your personal data to send you newsletters (where you have requested that we send you these) and to administer and improve our website at MegaMoolah.com.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as to send you our newsletter, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Our privacy notice sets out more details of this processing, including details of your data protection rights, including your right to object to certain processing.
What does this policy cover?
This privacy notice describes how MegaMoolah.com (also referred to as "MegaMoolah.com", "we" or "us") will make use of the data that we collect from you when you visit the website MegaMoolah.com ("Site") and when you subscribe to our newsletter.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which MegaMoolah.com carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and the Site, including when you sign up to receive our newsletter. This includes:
- Your name and email address.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required by MegaMoolah.com to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- We will use your information to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- We monitor use of the Site, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our content and the Site;
- We use information you provide to personalise the Site for you;
- We use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our Site; and
- We will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- Where you give us consent:
- We will send you newsletters, which we think you may find interesting, including marketing in relation to our carefully selected partners;
- We place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Notice and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time;
- For purposes which are required by law:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Relying on our legitimate interests
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this notice.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing/profiling
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in the Data Protection Act 2018. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests).
We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at support [at] megamoolah.com.
Changes and effective date
We may change this notice from time to time by updating this page and/or bringing such changes to your attention.
This notice is effective from 13 June 2018.