2017 is proving to be the year for Mega Moolah jackpot wins!
Back on the 1st October 2017, one lucky player took home a 1.4 million jackpot on the Mega Moolah slot, just six days after another player had landed a big win of 7.7 million euros in September. Those two wins were the eighth and ninth jackpot wins of the year, a new record for the Mega Moolah slot in terms of the number of pay-outs for a calendar year.
You could be forgiven for thinking that after having awarded nine million-plus jackpots in the space of ten months (three more than in any other year), that the Mega Moolah slot may start to play a little more tightly over the last couple of months of the year.
However, we are barely into November and we are already celebrating the good fortune of not one, but two new lucky players who have claimed a jackpot of 3,478,873.59, and 1,015,237.60, when they landed the jackpot on the 4th November 2017, and the 9th respectively.
The latest lucky winner has become the eleventh big winner of the Mega Moolah jackpot prize in 2017 and this means that in 10 of the 11 months of the year so far, the Mega Moolah Jackpot has been won. Only February has seen no player land the big money prize.
Let's now take a look at some incredible facts about what is proving to be an expensive year for Microgaming and their millionaire-maker slot.
Mega Moolah 2017 Fact Check
- The Mega Moolah Jackpot has been won 11 times in 2017 in total. That is four times more than the other previous year best of six (which occurred in 2013)
- The only month of 2017 where the jackpot has not been won is February.
- The largest pay-out of 2017 was an 8m Euro pay-out in April, followed by a 7.7 million Euro pay-out in September.
- The smallest has been the most recent 1.0 million pay-out in November and a 1.5 million pay-out in June.
- November's confirmed win of 1.0 million means that in 2017 alone, the Mega Moolah jackpot has paid out over 46 million in prize money to lucky players.
- Mega Moolah winners can opt to go public with their win, but big jackpot winners also have the option to remain anonymous, which is why it can be difficult getting details of some big wins. So far none of the 2017 winners have gone public with their wins, with all of them electing to remain anonymous so far.
- Only six days elapsed between the wins in September and October 2017.
- Every winner in 2017 has had their jackpot pay-out paid to them in Euros. This is unusual as up until this year, jackpots had tended to be paid out in different currencies as winners from all over the world have won prizes.
Other Key Mega Moolah Facts
- The biggest ever Mega Moolah jackpot win came in October 2015, when one player from the UK took home a world record online slot jackpot pay-out of £13.2m. A record that still stands today and which has been ratified by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The first winner of the slot came back in April 2008, when a player from Finland turned his $0.50 bet into a $5.5m jackpot.
- It took over a year for the prize to be won again, when a player from Greece won over 6.3m Euros when he landed the jackpot prize in May 2009.
- The jackpot has been paid out a total of 39 times since the game was released. 2017 leads the way with an astonishing 10 jackpots paid out so far, followed by 2013 which had six jackpot winners and then 2016 and 2012 which each had five winners.
- In contrast, the jackpot was only paid out once in 2008, twice in 2010, 2011 and 2015 and three times in total in 2009 and 2014.
- Six winners of the Mega Moolah Jackpot have won their prize playing via mobile, including the first three winners of 2017 and that includes the biggest winner of 2017, who won 8 million Euro back in April.
- The shortest period of time between two Mega Moolah jackpot wins is 5 days, which occurred in June 2015, when the jackpot was won twice in that period. The jackpot was also won twice in six days between September and October 2017.
- The longest period between Jackpot wins is 384 days between the first win on the slot in April 2008 and the second win which came in May 2009.
- In addition to Euros, Mega Moolah Jackpot Winners have been paid out in British Pounds (which is the base currency of the game), Euros, US Dollars, Norwegian Krone, New Zealand Dollars and Canadian Dollars.
What has made 2017 such an amazing year for Mega Moolah Jackpot success?
You only have to have a quick look at the facts above to realise that 2017 has been an incredible year for jackpot winners on the Mega Moolah slot. In fact, if the game pays out two more winners at any point between now and the 31st December, then it will have paid out double the number of jackpots this year than it had in its previous best year.
So, what is it that has suddenly caused this swell in the number of big jackpot winners? Has the slot become any easier to win?
That first possibility can be ruled out because the game today is the same game that you could play back when it was first released around a decade ago. Although there are different themes of the game that you can play to trigger the jackpot, with the most popular being the original Wild Africa themed game, none of the games have been altered in any way since they were first released.
Could it be down to luck? Well yes, that may well play a part. 2017 may well be the luckiest year for Mega Moolah Jackpot winners, but there are other things which can also play a part too.
The sheer fact that the slot is now much more famous than it was in its early days means that more and more people are playing the game now. More players means more spins and more spins on the slot means that it is more likely to trigger a jackpot more often.
Then of course, there is the fact that a winning slot that is paying out regularly will also attract more players to try their luck. As every new Mega Moolah Jackpot winner is reported and recorded, so it will encourage more slots players to try their luck meaning more and more players are playing the slot more often.
Add these factors together with some good fortune and you start to see why 2017 has proved to be an incredible year for Mega Moolah slot success.
And the good news is, the year isn't over.
You could be the next big winner!
Please note that the Mega Moolah game is not available in all countries due to varied gambling legislation. Check your eligibility here.
Byline: This article was published by Henry. Claim 150 Chances on Mega Moolah!