Casino Rewards winners: August 2019
We did have a Mega Moolah jackpot winner in August, but that lucky winner didn’t land their prize at a Casino Rewards network casino. However a total of 39 players throughout August did manage to land a progressive jackpot prize, including a large number that landed the Major jackpot on the Mega Moolah slot game.
As always, the data in this article is based on progressive jackpot games played at casinos part of the Casino Rewards network throughout August 2019.
Let's now take a quick look at some of the headline data from August 2019, before we dig a little deeper to look at the winners and trends emerging from the data.
Casino Rewards progressive pay-outs in August 2019
- We saw two days in August 2019 when a total of four progressive jackpot prizes were awarded in total. These were the 21st August 2019 and the 24th August 2019. Slightly more money was won on the 21st compared to the 24th, but the 24th August winners were split across all three currencies that landed jackpots this month with two Euro winners and one each for US and Canadian Dollar players.
- Other dates that saw multiple big progressive jackpot wins included the14th, 15th and 17th of August with three jackpot winners awarded on each of these days. We also saw two winners on several days in the month, 4th, 13th, 23rd, 27th and 28th.
- Single jackpot wins were recorded on the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 20th, 25th, 26th and 29th
- There were relatively few days without a winner in August 2019 and they were, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th,18th, 19th, 22nd, 30th and 31st.
- One Mega Moolah top jackpot prize was won in August 2019, although this did not take place at a Casino Rewards Network casino. However there were a high number of Mega Moolah Major Jackpot wins reported across the network in August the largest of which was a cash prize of more than CA$61,000.
- The largest winner of the month came at Casino Classic on the Treasure Nile slot with one lucky player earning a prize of CA$146,311.48 on the 5th August 2019. This prize was almost double the size of the next largest win in April.
- With jackpots of under 5,000 not recorded, the lowest recorded jackpot winner this month came on the Cash Splash slot at Yukon Gold Casino on the 15th August, with one player winning CA$5,849.80.
- Only three games recorded big progressive jackpot winners in August 2019, Mega Moolah, Cash Splash and Treasure Nile. This is one fewer than July 2019.
- Once again the total number of wins on the Casino Rewards Network increased from the previous month with 39 wins recorded in August, that is three more than in July and ten more than in June this year.
Which casinos and games generated the big winners in August 2019?
When it comes to which casinos were paying out prize winners in August 2019, we saw 10 different casinos pay out jackpots during the month, which is a rise of four from July's figures. Once again, Zodiac Casino came out as the casino that pays out the most winners paying out 11 winners in total, one more than the 10 it paid out in July 2019.
- Zodiac Casino - 11 Wins
- Grand Mondial Casino and Yukon Gold Casino - 6 Wins
- Casino Classic - 4 Wins
- Golden Tiger Casino - 3 Wins
- Captain Cooks Casino, Luxury Casino, Cosmo Casino - 2 Wins
- Quatro Casino, Blackjack Ballroom - 1 Win
Zodiac Casino may have paid out the most winners in August 2019, but the highest winner of the month came at Casino Classic. Yukon Gold Casino bounced back into the chart once again this month, after having six winners in June and then none in July, it recorded half a dozen winners once again this month to lie second with Grand Mondial who added six more winners to the seven it rewarded last month. Captain Cook's Casino saw just two winners this month as opposed to eight last.
Looking at which games produced the winners in August 2019, we can see that the data remains very similar to the previous months of the year and the same three games dominate the list.
- Mega Moolah - 17 winners
- Cash Splash - 16 winners
- Treasure Nile - 6 winners
Cash Splash's largest winner was a prize of CA$56,045.59, while Mega Moolah saw a winner of CA$61,753.58. However Treasure Nile was the game to win as it offered the highest payout of over CA$146,311 this month as well as the remaining five wins recorded by the slot paying out between CA$56,650 and CA$74,859.78.
Currency jackpot wins - August 2019
- Canadian Dollars - 26 Jackpot Wins
- US Dollars - 7 Jackpot Wins
- Euro - 6 Jackpot Wins
And when you compare the amounts won in each currency when totalled together, the total amounts won in each currency in August 2019 are as follows:
- Canadian Dollars - CA$923,766.26
- US Dollars - US$235,268.56
- Euro - €108,132.72
It's clear that Canadian players have once again enjoyed a bumper month of success at Casino Rewards progressive games, but how does the table look when we compare the average size of a win in each currency?
- Canadian Dollars (26 wins) - $923,766.26 - CA$35,529.47
- US Dollars (7 wins) - US$235,268.56 - US$33,609.94
- Euro (6 wins) - €108,132.72 - €18,022.12
It looks like US dollar and Canadian dollar winners seemed to get the best value wins in August, but if we compare each of the average value wins in a single uniform currency (British Pounds) things look a little different with US dollar players coming out on top in terms of the value of their win on average compared to other currencies.
Note that Mega Moolah is not available to US residents unless they reside outside of the US. The US dollar winners have opted to play in USD perhaps because their own currency is not available at the casino.
- US Dollars - Average Win - £27,275.31
- Canadian Dollars - Average win - £21.866.66
- Euro - Average Win - £16,156.89
So while there was a lot more Canadian Dollar jackpot winners on the Casino Rewards network and they won a lot more money combined than the other currencies, in terms of relative value between currencies, it was the players landing US Dollar wins that earned the most on average throughout the month, earning around £5.500 more on average than Canadian players and over £11,000 more than Euro winners.
What were the biggest Casino Rewards wins in August 2019?
We had more winners in August 2019 than we did in July 2019, and the highest value winner was also considerably larger, although there were not quite as many wins between the 70,000 to 80,000 mark. All in all, it proved to be a very lucky month for Casino Rewards progressive winners and then ten largest winners in terms of numerical amount were as follows:
- CA$146,311 - Treasure Nile - Casino Classic
- CA$74,859 - Treasure Nile - Zodiac Casino Mobile
- US$70,997 - Treasure Nile - Grand Mondial Casino Mobile
- CA$65,650 - Treasure Nile - Captain Cook's Casino Mobile
- CA$61,753 - Mega Moolah - Yukon Gold Casino Mobile
- CA$60,359 - Treasure Nile - Zodiac Casino Mobile
- CA$56,596 - Treasure Nile - Zodiac Casino Mobile
- CA$56,045 - Cash Splash - Zodiac Casino Mobile
- CA$57,687 - Mega Moolah - Zodiac Casino Mobile
- US$42,667 - Mega Moolah - Grand Mondial Casino Mobile
Looking at the data for wins over 25,000 in any currency and we have noted a steady rise in winners of more than this amount. Back in May, we had just nine winners earning 25,000 or more, this increased to 14 in June and then 16 in July and in August 2019, this number increased still further to 20 of the 39 confirmed progressive jackpot winners. Of those 20 winners, 17 landed their 25,000+ prize playing from a mobile device, with just three (including the largest win of the month) landing their win on a desktop or laptop.
Mobile v Non-Mobile winners in August 2019
This month saw a record-equalling 39 winners of jackpot prizes on progressive slot games that are part of the Casino Rewards Network and that equals the number of winners that were landed in both April and May of 2019. It is also clear evidence that a far greater number of players are playing from mobile devices nowadays than they have in previous years, data which is corroborated by other jackpot records (such as Mega Moolah jackpot winners).
- April 2019 - 27 mobile winners, 12 non mobile
- May 2019 - 30 mobile winners, 9 non mobile
- June 2019 - 21 mobile winners, 8 non mobile
- July 2019 - 26 mobile winners, 10 non mobile
- August 2019 - 32 mobile winners, 7 non-mobile.
What is surprising with this data is that August, in the northern hemisphere of the globe at least, is generally regarded as a summer month and as such, people tend to go away on holidays during August a great deal and this usually coincides with a decline in the number of people playing at casinos and thus you would expect fewer jackpot winners. However, this year August bucked the trend with three more winners than July 2019 and ten more than in June 2019. How will things look when we start to head towards September and the autumn? Check back next month to found out as we look at who were the big winners in September 2019.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.