Review of the 2017 Mega Moolah wins
In the world of slot gaming, 2017 will be remembered for many reasons but without doubt most gamblers will remember it as the year when Mega Moolah delivered a bumper year of pay outs!
In this article, we are going to take a look back at the remarkable year of 2017 for Mega Moolah players, plot when each of the 12 jackpots was won, how much was won and then map out some hugely interesting facts and figures which will show you just how popular this Microgaming slot has become with the slot-playing public.
Let's begin by taking a look at some of the Mega Moolah records that were smashed in 2017.
2017 Mega Moolah wins : The statistical breakdown
- The 12 confirmed winners in 2017 smashes the previous record of winners in a single year (which was set at six back in 2013 with five winners in both 2016 and 2012).
- Only one month in 2017 did not see the Mega Moolah top jackpot won at least once, that was February. The jackpot was also triggered twice in one month (November). Other than that the jackpot was triggered once in each of the other ten months of the year.
- The shortest time between jackpot wins in 2017 was just five days (between 26th September and the 1st October).
- The longest time between jackpot wins in 2017 was 53 days (between 16th January 2017 and the 15th March 2017).
- In 2016, the average time for the jackpot to be hit on Mega Moolah was 61 days, in 2017 that was reduced by more than half to just 30 days.
- In 2016, the Mega Moolah jackpot was landed on the 5th November and then again on the 15th In 2017, the Mega Moolah jackpot was landed on the 4th November and then again on the 15th November. This means that the jackpot has been won twice in successive years on the 15th November.
- At least four players won the Mega Moolah jackpot playing from their mobile in 2017. The wins came in January, March, April and December 2017 and accounted for 22.5m of the total wins in the year. This figure is likely higher as the device is not always recorded - however mobile players account for majority of the play-through on Mega Moolah.
- Due to being won more often, the average jackpot size in 2017 was 4,722,140.24, which is down from the 9,163,743.61 average jackpot prize awarded in 2016.
- On average in December 2017, the Mega Moolah jackpot grew by an average of 97,737.80 per day.
- The total amount won in 2017 was 56,665,682.83 paid out in a variety of currencies to both desktop online casino players and mobile players from all over the world.
- Jackpot winners have so far been paid in six different currencies: British Pound, Euro, New Zealand Dollar, Canadian Dollar, and US Dollar and Norwegian Krone.
- Mega Moolah still holds the World Record for the biggest single online slot jackpot pay out of £13.2m, which at the time equaled to 17,879,645.12 euros pipping the previous record. The record jackpot was won by British soldier Jon Heywood in October 2015.
The big Mega Moolah jackpot winners 2017 in ascending order
- 15th March 2017 - 9,570,638.29 jackpot won
- 16th January 2017 - 8,453.127.91 jackpot won
- 25th April 2017 - 8,010,967.19 jackpot won
- 26th September 2017 - 7,741,462.49 jackpot won
- 14th August 2017 - 5,130,584.29 jackpot won
- 18th December 2017 - 4,276,920.40 jackpot won
- 22nd May 2017 - 3,722,427.25 jackpot won
- 4th November - 3,478,873.59 jackpot won
- 6th July 2017 - 1,821,231.30 jackpot won
- 19th June 2017 - 1,598,948.01 jackpot won
- 1st October 2017 - 1,447,297.97 jackpot won
- 15th November 2018 - 1,413,204.14 jackpot won
How did 2017 compare to other years for Mega Moolah pay outs?
So just how much did Mega Moolah pay out in jackpot prizes alone in 2017 when compared to other years? Outlined below is a table which explores just how profitable 2017 was for Mega Moolah players when compared to other years:
- 2017 - 6m in jackpot prizes paid out (12 prizes)
- 2016 - 8m in jackpot prizes paid out (5 prizes)
- 2015 - 7m in jackpot prizes paid out (2 prizes)
- 2014 - 6m in jackpot prizes paid out (3 prizes)
- 2013 - 5m in jackpot prizes paid out (6 prizes)
- 2012 - 6m in jackpot prizes paid out (5 prizes)
- 2011 - 7m in jackpot prizes paid out (2 prizes)
- 2010 - 6m in jackpot prizes paid out (2 prizes)
- 2009 - 6m in jackpot prizes paid out (3 prizes)
- 2008 - 5m in jackpot prizes paid out (1 prize)
As you can see, since 2014, the total amount of jackpot cash won and the number of prizes paid out has almost doubled year on year and the only reason for that is that an increasing number of slot players are now playing what is undoubtedly one of the most popular slot games ever devised.
Why isn't just one currency listed for the winners and jackpot amounts?
The reason for this is because the Mega Moolah Jackpot has a base currency (which is British Pounds) but the jackpot shown is paid out in the currency local to the winning player. In the past that has included British Pound winners (such as the record-breaking Jon Heywood) but has also seen winners paid in Canadian, US and New Zealand dollars, Euros and even Norwegian Krone.
A quick estimate of the total amounts paid in each of the currencies listed is outlined below:
- Norwegian Krone - 5.4m Krone (1 winner)
- Canadian Dollars - $8.9m (2 winners)
- New Zealand Dollars - $11m (2 winners)
- US Dollars - $22.4m (8 winners)
- British Pounds - £34.5m (8 winners)
- Euros - €81.5m (20 winners)
When a jackpot is paid out in local currency, the amount is converted into British Pounds and this amount transferred to the winner. This is why on occasions when a jackpot is triggered in any currency other than British Pounds, the jackpot fund may have considerably more than the £1m minimum guaranteed seed amount in it.
For example, if the jackpot was £10m and a player won the prize based in Canada, then they would win CA$10,000,000. This equates, at current rates of interest, to just over £5.8m in British Pounds. Therefore, once the jackpot is paid, the Jackpot fund would still have £4.2m British Pounds left in it which players can try to win immediately. This is just one of the huge appealing factors of the Mega Moolah jackpot slot!
As you can see, 2017 has proven to be a hugely rewarding year for Mega Moolah players and has led to more millionaire players than ever before! See more stats.
What does 2018 have in store? Why not try a few spins yourself and see if you could become the next big Mega Moolah winner! Check out the Mega Moolah casinos and where to play.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.