What are some of the most player-friendly slots I can play?
It is tempting to think that all slot games are generally the same, but the fact of the matter is that they are often very different, and their levels of complexity can vary quite dramatically from one game to the other.
There is a world of difference, for example, from a single line, 3-reel retro-styled slot, compared to a modern slot with six or seven reels, perhaps thousands of ways to win across the reels and many more symbols in play on each spin.
It is also tempting, but incorrect, to think that all slot players understand all facets of every slot game. More experienced slot users can certainly load up pretty much any game and after reading through the game information and perhaps playing a few spins, be up to speed and conversant with how the game plays.
However, there are also other players who do not have as much, if any, experience of playing slots and for whom playing a more complicated game can leave them confused and often unwilling to play as they don't understand how they can win, or even if they are winning at times.
A great example of this is the story of a man, which may be apocryphal, who was playing a very low variance slot which offered regular wins, but wins that were often much less than the players standard bet. He played the slot for a while, believing he was winning almost every other spin and as a result he never really paid much attention to his bankroll.
He felt he didn't need to as he was winning on each spin.
However, when his bankroll ran out, he was stunned. In his mind, he had been winning on almost every spin so should have at least broken even, if not had more in his account than he started with. As a result, he contacted the casino to inform them that their slot had not paid him out correctly and it was only when the casino got back in touch and explained to him how the slot pays out wins less than he was betting, that he realised what had happened.
So, it is important for less experienced slot players to try and find slot games that are friendly for them to play. But what do we mean by a player friendly slot and what are the best examples of those games that we can find today?
We are going to answer both of these questions in more detail below.
What makes a player-friendly slot?
When considering what slots are most player-friendly, we need to consider what are the aspects of a game that makes it particularly easy for players to play. There are a number of different criteria for this which will make a game easy for players to play and also appealing to them in the long term and these are:
- An instantly recognisable and appealing theme for the slot.
- An affordable bet level to play with as a minimum bet, but with enough of a range to allow at least mid and even higher stakes players to bet too.
- Clear, easy to follow symbols and presentation that is easy to use both on mobile devices as well as desktop or laptops.
- No annoying aspects (such as irritating music or sound effects, poor quality symbols etc).
- Regular wins of a decent amount per spin.
- A good mix of size in the wins you land, including lower value wins but also offering players a chance of a big win.
- Ideally, a nice large jackpot to play for, the bigger the amount the better.
- Bonus features which add real appeal to the slot and which impact on your session playing the game in a positive way by being accessible and also offering a decent return on your time spent playing.
- Finally, you want a slot that when you reach the end of your session, gives you a fair chance of a profit, but which even if you do not end up with a positive balance, will still want to make you play again for the sheer enjoyment factor. Indeed, as the lyrics to the famous song Ace of Spades by Motorhead states "You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me. The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say."
So now that we have an idea of what our player-friendly slot would ideally look like, are there any examples of games like this available? Well the good news is that if you are a fan of Microgaming slots, that you can find at the Casino Rewards network of casinos, then you do have an excellent choice of games that fit the bill.
Our List of Player-Friendly Slots to try
In this list, we are going to name some of the most player-friendly slots we believe you can play from Microgaming. There are a mix of standard games, retro-slots, progressive jackpot games and a smattering of TV and Film tie ins too.
We believe any of these slots would be a great place for a novice slot gamer to start playing and they would be able to understand what the slot was about and how to pick the game up quickly and easily.
- Mega Moolah - The Mega Moolah is one of the most player-friendly games you can find. The base game sees regular wins and relatively regular triggers of the Free Spins bonus game, which can be very profitable. However, it is the chance to win a massive life-changing amount of money, from spins starting at just 0.25 per spin, which really makes this slot one that players of all experiences love.
- Jungle Jim El Dorado - One of the first Microgaming slots to have the Rolling Reels feature, which can see you trigger additional wins from a single spin, this 5-reel slot has a number of great bonus features, including a Multiplier Trail, Free Spins and excellent Wild symbol wins in the base game. With a new Jungle Jim slot set to be released later in the year too, now is a great time to revisit this 2016 classic.
- Rockabilly Wolves - One of the more recent released from Just For The Win, this five reel slot captures the 1950s vibe quite beautifully with its fantastic presentation and soundtrack. The three different types of Wild in the Rockabilly Wolves slot make players feel like they have a really good chance of a big value win and with Stacked Wilds and a Free Spins bonus to play for, there's lots to unlock in the game too.
- Game of Thrones - With a choice of 15-line or 243 Ways to Win, the Game of Thrones slot, based on the famous TV show, offers you a chance to play one of four different Free Spins bonus round when you land three or more of the Scatter symbols. Each bonus is named after one of the four main houses of Westeros, Lannister, Stark, Targaryen and Baratheon, so pick wisely!
These four slots are a great way to ground yourself into how Microgaming slots work and the different types of bonus and game features you can find on each. Then once you have understood how these games work, you are pretty much set to enjoy any of Microgaming's hundreds of different slot games available at our casinos - see them on our Where to Play page.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.