Which payment methods can I use in Sweden to play Mega Moolah?
With the new gambling regulations coming into force in Sweden, there has been a boom in the number of operators now looking to offer their services to people based in the Scandinavian country. One of those operators is Microgaming, the designers of the incredible Mega Moolah slot, which recently crashed through the 17 million barrier, the second highest amount that the jackpot has risen too in history.
Of course, this news has created something of a stir in Sweden with lots of Swedish slots fans seeking to use the new regulations to allow them to play games like Mega Moolah in a safer, more secure environment. This has seen plenty of Swedish players want to sign up to have a crack themselves at the Mega Moolah jackpot and become the first confirmed jackpot winner from the country, joining players from Norway and Finland who have also landed the top prize.
While Swedish players are looking for Mega Moolah, it should be remembered that not all casino sites in Sweden will carry the game. Only those that have opted to partner with Microgaming will carry the Mega Moolah slot, such as the excellent Spin Casino offering a 40,000kr Welcome Bonus is certainly one place that you can sign up to play the massively popular game.
Swedish players can also play at the Mega Moolah casinos and take advantage of any of the 80, 100, and 150 chances to win Mega Moolah offers. Why we mention Spin Casino is the bonus, which extends over your 10 deposits. Of course you can choose any bonus offer you like.
Once you have signed up then you will need to make your first deposit. Not only will this trigger any starter bonus you are due for signing up, but it will also give you the funds with which you can play for the Mega Moolah jackpot, which at time of writing stands at 175 million Swedish krona, or roughly 17.5 million euro.
So, what are the best ways you can pay for your gaming in Sweden? Which are the most convenient and securest payment methods you can use? We take a look at the most commonly used methods to pay for your online slot gaming in Sweden below.
Most Popular Payment Methods to play Mega Moolah in Sweden
Using the example, we have highlighted the most popular ways you can deposit with the casino below:
- Credit Cards - Swedish players can deposit using either Visa or MasterCard credit cards when making a deposit at the casino. This is arguably the most convenient method with which you can fund your account as most people have access to a credit card.
- Neteller - Neteller is an e-money transfer service that allows you to fund your account from your bank account and then pay for a large number of items, including funding your casino account online.
- Skrill - Skrill is a very similar service to Neteller in that it allows customers to make deposits and withdrawals to and from their registered bank account, as well as then being able to use the funds in their Skrill account to pay for any number of items.
- Paysafecard - Paysafecard is an online payment system that uses pre-paid vouchers to load a card with cash, which the user can then use to pay for a number of items online. Paysafecard is now used in over 50 countries worldwide. Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecard are all owned by the Paysafe Group.
- Trustly - This payment system allows you to make casino deposits directly from your bank account. It is like having an exclusive digital wallet through your bank. Note that your bank must participate in the Trustly network for it to work for you.
- Klarna - This is not only an electronic payment system, it is an online bank. You can use it to make casino deposits by opening an account and then funding as you see fit. Everything is based on a secure PIN system for you to access your funds and transfer where you want.
It is also be possible to fund your casino account using cryptocurrency, with bitcoin being the most popular choice.
With new gambling regulations in place to dictate what online casinos can and cannot now do, using bitcoin to fund your casino account in Sweden is now perfectly permissible.
In fact all of the Mega Moolah casinos accept crypto via third party, mainly through Skrill/Neteller/Paysafecard. So if you have an account with any of these three payment methods then you can move Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin, to them, which they convert to e.g. SEK and which you can then deposit to the casino.
There is one pure bitcoin casino where you can play Mega Moolah and this casino accepts only bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals. If you are a fan of bitcoin then check it out.
What about a making a withdrawal?
The general rule of thumb to follow when you make a deposit at a Swedish casino, is that the method you use to make your deposit into your account, is the same method that you will use to receive your payment back should you elect to make a withdrawal at some point in the future.
However, if you have used a deposit method where the casino cannot make a payment back to the method used for the initial deposit, then the casino may decide to use other alternatives for payment, including sending the user a cheque, or sending the withdrawal via a bank transfer.
In order to prevent fraud and money laundering, casinos have safeguards in place to ensure that the player receiving the refund is actually who they say that they are. As such, before your first withdrawal is processed, the casino will ask the player to complete a number of security checks beforehand to verify their identity. This can increase the amount of time it takes to issue a withdrawal of funds to a player the first time it is requested, but once a player has passed security, then any future withdrawals can be completed swiftly.
Casino banking in Sweden moving forward
As it has barely been a couple of weeks since the new regulations regarding online gaming in Sweden came into force, it is still a very early stage when it comes to the industry as it takes shape following the changes. While all the changes by the new regulation are felt by many to be a big improvement on the former situation in Sweden, it will still take time for companies to offer the full range of services, that are available in other parts of the world, to all its Swedish customers.
As such, you can expect to see the rapid development of the Swedish online gambling system continuing for a good while yet and that will likely take the form of more choice of casino games, more choice of casinos and of course, a wider range of payment methods available for users to fund their online gaming.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.
Next article: Gambling in Sweden: Re-regulated or deregulated?