The ten biggest Mega Moolah jackpot winners and other stats
All online slot fans will be aware that if you want to win big, then there is only one game that you should target; Mega Moolah. Since its inception in 2008, Mega Moolah has become the popular choice of slot for people dreaming of winning The Big One.
You can play the original African themed Mega Moolah game, as well as a variety of other versions including Mega Moolah 5 Reel Drive, Mega Moolah Summertime, and Mega Moolah Isis, all of which pay into the same single jackpot fund and allow players of each game a chance to win the life-changing jackpot.
Late last , a man called Gabriel L became the largest winner of a Mega Moolah jackpot when playing on mobile when he landed an incredible £3.7m. Gabriel was the fourth winner of the jackpot in 2013 after it was also won in February and twice within the space of five days in May.
So where does Gabriel stand on our list of the richest ever Mega Moolah jackpot winners? Find out below!
The Top Ten Mega Moolah Jackpot Winners (converted to USD at the time of the win):
Pos. / Name / Jackpot / Month Won
- John Orchard $9.49m 9th December 2012
- Georgios M $8.65m 11th May 2009
- Gabriel L $5.94m 9th September 2013
- Klaus E $5.56m 22nd April 2008
- A.D $5.3m 14th October 2011
- Mrs P $4.17m 29th August 2010
- Anonymous $4.06m 17th July 2012
- G.L $3.97m 5th May 2013
- Mr R $3.4m 7th December 2010
- Anonymous $3.38m 1st February 2013
Given the sheer number of people playing the game is it conceivable that at some point during 2014 or shortly thereafter, will we see the first ever $10m Mega Moolah winner?
So what are your chances of landing that big jackpot, and when is it most profitable to play? Let's take a look at some Mega Moolah Jackpot winner stats and see if we can find when the statistics say is a good time and place to play Mega Moolah!
Mega Moolah Jackpot Winners Stats Analysis
Since 2008, the Mega Moolah jackpot has been won a total of 18 times. While several players have opted to remain anonymous after their win and have no details provided, we can work out the following statistics from the information that we do possess on each win.
The total amount paid out to the 18 jackpot winners in US Dollars is approximately $65.731m. This equates to an average win of $3.65m dollars for the jackpot winner. Eight players have won above this amount, with ten players winning an amount below this average figure.
While the personal data of all the winners cannot be verified as they have requested anonymity, we can ascertain from those that did provide some information that:
- Jackpot winners have so far come from at least eight different countries. Finland, Greece, Poland, the UK, Norway, Germany, New Zealand and Sweden.
- Only one winner has come from outside Europe.
- The UK has the highest number of confirmed jackpot winners with five, four more than any other confirmed country.
- Two players have so far won the Mega Moolah jackpot by playing via mobile and both of these winners are the most recent winners from May and September 2013.
- The smallest confirmed wager to land the Mega Moolah jackpot was a 30p stake. The jackpot was won by John Orchard and is the largest Mega Moolah win on record.
- All wins that have had details confirmed have been achieved at different casinos.
There are also some interesting statistics to do with when the Mega Moolah jackpot has been triggered in the past:
- The Mega Moolah jackpot has been won eight times in the first six months of the year (January to June) and ten times in the second six months of the year (July to December).
- The jackpot has never been won in January or June.
- The jackpot has been triggered most in May (four wins) and December (three wins) with the months of April, July and October all seeing two winners.
- The jackpot has only ever been won twice in the same month on one occasion, in May 2013, when it was won on the 5th May and then again on the 10th May. This 5-day gap is the shortest period on record between jackpot wins.
- The longest period between jackpot wins was the gap between the first and second jackpot wins, between 22nd April 2008 and 11th May 2009
- a total of 384 days.
- Averaged out since April 2008, the jackpot has been won on average once every 3.61 months. This means the jackpot is won, on average, once every 105-109 days.
- The jackpot was triggered the most number of times during 2012 when it was won six times from March through to November. 2013 is the second most successful year for jackpot wins with four at the time of writing (and with three months of the year remaining). There were three jackpot wins in 2009, two wins apiece in 2011 and 2010 and just one winner in 2008.
- Although it is the month with the most confirmed winners, May has not heralded a confirmed winner from the UK thus far with winners coming from Germany, New Zealand, Poland and an unconfirmed country.
- Two of the UK's five confirmed winners won their jackpot in December.
Therefore, if you are a fan of statistics, then you know a little more about the world's favourite progressive jackpot and perhaps you may be one of the lucky ones to add your name to this illustrious list of super-lucky winners.
Photo Copyright: Bigstock by Curioso Travel Photography.
Byline: This article was published by Mega Moolah expert Henry. Media and other enquiries.